Membership/Supporter Criteria and Rights:
• Jewish members and Non-Jewish supporters must agree to work within the IJV Canada principles.
• Members and supporters may participate in their local chapters and any national action groups that interest them.
• Members and supporters may receive and contribute to newsletters, online media, and other publications.
• Members and supporters will receive notice of upcoming events.
• Members are eligible to serve on the national Steering Committee and to vote at the Annual General Meetings.
• Members and supporters are expected to pay annual dues according to their financial capacity (min. $18/year).
IJV Canada’s Principles:
1. Human rights are universal and indivisible and should be upheld without exception. This is as applicable in Israel and Palestine as it is elsewhere.
2. Palestinians and Israelis alike have the right to peaceful and secure lives.
3. Peace and stability require the willingness of all parties to the conflict to comply with international law.
4. There is no justification for any form of racism, including anti-Semitism, anti-Arab racism or Islamophobia, in any circumstance.
5. The battle against anti-Semitism is vital and is undermined whenever opposition to Israeli government policies is automatically branded as anti-Semitic.